Thursday 20 November 2008

Media twist footballers words again



Early this month I had a rant about Arsenal and their lack of leadership. So imagine my glee when hearing on the radio on my drive home the headline that Gallas believes that the Gunners' young stars that they are "not brave enough" to challenge for the Premier League title.

However after I got home I actually read his interview in full and it read to me that is was a true rallying call by a man out to prove a point.

"We are not brave enough in battle.

"I think we need to be soldiers. To be champions, you have to play big matches every weekend and fight."

Speaking to the Associated Press, he added: "We are coming up against teams who are not scared to play football against us, who are not scared to take us on at our place, and this is becoming dangerous for Arsenal.

"We have to be warriors. That is how the team will forge their character and experience."

Enough said.......

2 comments:

TSP said...

Hey;

Great blog. I can tell you put a lot of time into it. I had an idea for it that I think you might be interested in. Shoot me an email (found in my blogger profile) for more info.

Cheers!

Admin said...

Great blog. I can tell you put a lot of time into it. I had an idea for it that I think you might be interested in.

Football for Sarah

How would the Premier League table look if refs got all the key decisions right?

The Right Result - Football's bad decisions and incidents