Tuesday 18 November 2008

The friendly arguement


Germany v England

That alone looks impressive

Germany v Endland (friendly)
not so?

In my opinion I don't think it matters. It is the old rivals. Also I believe that friendlies are a good thing. We need to test players and formations out so we can be prepared for the next world cup. The nation needs to win a trophy, we need some passion and pride back in the national squad.

If you don't belive me then belive the England captain-

"I can assure you the game certainly means a lot to us as players. I know there are a couple of injuries and a few people have pulled out, but the squad is coming here to win and the manager has stressed that from day one."

Terry added that matches against Germany will always carry extra significance given the history between the two sides.

"You go back to the World Cup final of 1966 but in my time, the 5-1 win over Germany in Munich really sticks out," said the Chelsea defender. "That was a fantastic night for English football.

"Everyone involved here this week is coming here to win the game and we know the relevance of the game for everyone.

"There is no such thing as a Germany-England friendly given the history of the fixture."

No comments:

How would the Premier League table look if refs got all the key decisions right?

The Right Result - Football's bad decisions and incidents