Saturday 14 June 2008

Robben and Ronaldo


Arjen Robben would welcome the competition provided by Cristiano Ronaldo at Real Madrid should the Manchester United winger complete a move to the Spanish champions later this summer.

Ronaldo was reported last week as saying he would like to play for Real but the Portugal star has vowed not to discuss the subject further until after Euro 2008 finishes.

If he was to make the switch to the Bernabeu, Ronaldo would be a direct threat to fellow winger Robben.

But the former Chelsea man claims he would be happy to see the Portuguese join him at Real.

"It's only good for me and good for the team," said the 24-year-old. "And it's not that if he plays, I can't play. We can play together."

Ronaldo will currently be weighing up the pros and cons regarding a move to Real, and Robben added: "It's totally up to him - I think he is enjoying himself over there (at United).

"I don't think you can say football is at a higher level (in Spain) because we weren't in the last final of the Champions League like them.

"But, for me, I think Madrid is the biggest club in the world and I can understand if he wants to join them.

"It's a great league - I think you play a bit more football in Spain and I am enjoying myself there."

I am sure that Real Madrid are really pleased Robben opened his gob considering Man Utd complained to Fifa only last week about this whole situation

No comments:

How would the Premier League table look if refs got all the key decisions right?

The Right Result - Football's bad decisions and incidents